Donate Your Car
Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Kawartha Food Share.
Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation.
When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to Kawartha Food Share through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location).
Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Kawartha Food Share to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, you will receive a tax receipt and we will put your gift to good use.
Please click here to donate a vehicle.
For Every $1 Donated We Can Purchase Up To $6 Worth of Food
Cash donations allow us to access food through many different sources including bulk purchases, food drives and other food programs. Cash donations also let us purchase food that we need the most.
You Can Do This One of Three Ways
1. Click on the Donate Now button to take you directly to the Canada Helps webpage.
2. Stop into our office at 665 Neal Drive, Peterborough Ontario. We are West of Ashburnham and South of the 115; in the same building as Cathcart Trucking, just on the opposite side.
3. Send a cheque or money order to:
Kawartha Food Share
665 Neal Drive, Unit 1
Peterborough, ON K9J 6X7
The food donations made by local residents every day have a very meaningful impact on our food supply. It is easy to donate food by dropping it off at any of these local grocery stores that kindly allow us to keep our donation barrels in their stores:
• Independent Grocer (Lansdowne St E)
• Superstore (Lansdowne St W)
• No Frills (George St & Lansdowne St W)
• Metro (Chemong Road in Portage Place)
• FreshCo (Brock St & Lansdowne St W)
• Foodland (Peterborough- Sherbrooke St. & Hunter St., Lakefield & Norwood)
• Sobey’s (Towerhill Rd & Lansdowne St W)
• John's Independent (Bridgenorth)